Monday, October 26, 2015

Houston 2015 Part Two

this post is about what thw show is like on the floor of the wholesale vendor area.  I think I need to split it into two parts because there are lots! of photos.  So this is actually part one of part two...
the vendors make some very imaginative and eye catching displays to create excitement 


and there are many of the fabric designers there to interact with people
I was very impressed with Bari J, she is so talented and so warm and friendly,
and I loved the way that Alison Glass was adding embroidery to a black and white print--- another form of coloring books ( I think we have this fabric on order )

and there are also many authors there for book signings or to demo things from their books, 
these block prints were from a great upcoming book about ways to print on fabric, 
some of the booths are so beautiful!
I loved the colors in this booth by Patty Sloniger ( sorry if I got the name spelled wrong)


the pattern designers usually display the quilts of their most recent book or patterns, the photo below shows projects from Sew Kind of Wonderfuls new book, One Wonderful Curve, 
many patterns are now being made as full size or mini versions, as in the Carolyn Friedlander photo below, 

there are also mmany demos for notions and tools, such as in the photos below where Missie Carpenter showed me another method for English Paper Piecing and applique, using starch to baste, ( of course I bought lots of her product)


next post will continue soon, 


1 comment:

  1. Some of the booths are real eye candy, that's for sure! Thanks, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;