Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Block 9 World's Fair Block

I really like blocks that use four patches. 

You can get variations by rotating the elements that have light and dark

Right now there's a popular pattern by Lissa Alexander in the February 2014 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting called "tone it Down"
This is the version by Camille Roskelly, from her blog post http://www.camilleroskelley.typepad.com/
I think if you used four of the worlds fair blocks you could get a similar effect, hmm, I think I must go play with my quilting design program now.....

3 comments:

  1. i like this block - and all its variations! and happy new year, my dear! i hope you are enjoying the warm!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly,a and Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  2. That is so pretty! I like the elegance of the muted colors. And the designs you come up with are always beautiful! I hope you are doing well!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;