My first monogrammed pillowcase wasn't too hard.
I have been trying out pillowcases lately, and also have had a thing for letters for the last year or so. I love monograms! So, today I decided to just try one.
First, I used a word-processing program to print out several "m"s in various fonts, at about a 200 point size.
Then I found a little piece of linen, and redrew the M i liked to a size that would fit on the linen.
I traced the M in pencil, and then used 2 strands of green embroidery floss to outline the letter in a simple backstitch. There were some largish open areas inside the M that I filled in with some french knots.
I started a pillowcase with some compatible fabrics, and appliqued the linen to the end flap during the sewing of the pillowcase. The background fabric was shadowing through the linen, so I just slipped in a rectangular piece of cotton behind the linen.
I finished the pillowcase and was very pleased with myself!!
Hello December! And just like that November has come and gone. It was a busy month at Periwinkle. We had a little time to recover from ...
Even though I am now home, I have some nice memories, and now for some wonderful quilts, the photo of the quilt should be followed by the n...
for the past few weeks I have been mostly working away on my Millefiore Quilt, this is what I've got up on my design wall, I w...
Try to Remember the First of Octember was a Theo LeSieg book we used to read to our kids when they were small. It's a fun story about a...
Today was the final day that we spent at the convention center looking at quilts and shopping. Last night they gave the awards as well. Ad...